Checklist For New Electric Service
|(includes new service on existing poles)|
1. Physical (911) Address
(Can be obtained from the 911 office at the following counties)
Wagoner: (918) 485-7727 Cherokee: (918) 458-6513 Mayes: (918) 824-1875
Adair: (918) 669-4019 Rogers: (918) 341-3086
Muskogee: (918) 682-6911 Delaware: (918) 253-9111
|2. Wagoner County: Building permit required.
Metropolitan Planning Commission,
306 E Cherokee 485-8123
|2. Cherokee County: Flood plain permit required
(inside city of Tahlequah building permit required)
County Clerk's Office Room 200,
213 W Delaware 456-3171
3. Easement from applicant for their own property. Must be complete to include legal description. If owned jointly, both parties must sign (example: husband and wife). Must be notarized.
4. Application for service with $5.00 membership fee, $25.00 connect fee and deposit as follows:
$150 Barn/Boat Dock
$300 House/Mobile Home
$300 Commercial (Oil well, commercial barn, small business)
or Pay-As-You-Go prepaid service
Type of Service:
Type of Dwelling:
5. Breaker box required for mobile homes (including travel trailers), boat docks, and oil wells. Deliver to nearest LREC office and pay $25 installation fee at time of application.
Breaker Box Requirements (Weatherproof --- will be installed on pole)
100 AMP Service:
Breaker box with 100 amp breaker
2 inch hub
6 inch nipple, 2 inch diameter
2 lock nuts, 2 inch diameter
1 bushing, 2.\ inch diameter
200 Amp Service:
Breaker box with 200 amp breaker
2.5 inch hub
6 inch nipple, 2.5 inch diameter
2 lock nuts, 2.5 inch diameter
1 bushing, 2.5 inch diameter
6. Appointment with staking engineer: We must be provided a phone number where the applicant can be reached. The staking engineer will contact the applicant and visit the site to determine the location of the service, the need for any additional easements and the amount of any construction cost that must be paid by the applicant in order to build the service.
7. Water and sewer must be in place if permanent residence.
8. Easement from neighbors for their property, if applicable.
9. Construction cost must be paid in advance of actual construction.
Construction of a new service will be scheduled after all the above items have been completed.